Reflex XTR and blue dongle on Windows 7

• I used to love the simulator on my XP computer. I can run the simulator and the dongle is recognized, but cannot calibrate and loose 2 channels after trying. Would the HobbyKing USB Simulator Cable XTR/AeroFly/FMS help? Or maybe there is another solution? I am using an older JR XF421EX transmitter. Thanks!

• Even though no responses I was able to make it work. The reflex program works in compatibility installation mode. The dongle: I switched the wires at the mono connection (just unscrew and re-solder) and it works flawlessly now. Now, I''ll try to find some new models to fly, any recommendations where to find to download? Thanks.

• Sorry, didn't see your post. Not here everyday... :-) Good to hear you got it on track again on your own. I understood that the server where the downloads used to be are down (it's not too busy overhere). I do have some of those downloads over here, when you need any of them I can share them on a google drive or something.

• Yes, that would be great, thank you. I downloaded some planes, but I think it must be for the new program. Mine says " Error: Cannot read the model appearance data file". Let me now if you could share some of the files. Best regards, David K (Rhode Island, USA)

• Hey parilla, you sound similar to me. Over Christmas I dusted off my old T7CP plus XP laptop which was in my garage and unbelievably I have XTR working again...:)Hooray.... I have also found the models downloaded do not work...:(Bah...

I have the original version so it will not work on our windows 7 and 10 machines but hey ho, still good fun....

• Hi Kevin,

My XTR did not work the first time I tried in windows 7, but windows asked if I wanted to run the program in compatibility mode. After Windows did its thing it did work.