Reflex on Windows 7 ?

• Does reflex work on Windows 7 64bit ?

If so how do i install ?

I have not used reflex for over a year now. so i would have old versions i am guessing.

Thanks
    Rory

• Does reflex work on Windows 7 64bit ?
    If so how do i install ?
    I have not used reflex for over a year now. so i would have old versions i am guessing.

Hi Rory!
    1. Yes it works on Win 7 (32 and 64bit).
    2. Like all Windows programs: doubleklick... (5.03.1 c:\reflex\...) use the installer path!
    3. Witch Reflex XTR version?

• 5.00.0 - 5.03.x please download the latest version from the download center of the support page www.simwerk.de (klick )
    • 5.04.x install (planes / helies / Landscapes are in the hidden c:\ProgramData\reflex\... directory)
    • 5.05.x install (planes / helies / Landscapes are in the hidden c:\ProgramData\reflex\... directory)

In some cases it might be, that the "reflex.exe" is missing, if, you can install the simulator on XP or Vista an copy it, if you can't, please tell (incl. the exact version).
    Don't be worried about the "Vista" extension in the Filename, it works on XP / Vista / Win 7.

Beste Grüße, best regards,
    Ronald

PS: Kostenlos / 4free - Scenary " Fischen " - 4 Reflex XTR, AFPD, FMS, Heli-X and in work 4 Phoenix RC, search the Webdisk or visit my HP.

Edited 2 times, last by Ronski ().

• Hello,
    I have just downloaded the newest version of Reflex XTR so that I can install it onto my new laptop (windows7 64 bit).
    Since the original version on my CD would not install. (I used it years ago when I was learning but havnt needed it for some time as I usually just flew when I wanted to, now however I want to take it with me when I go to Kandahar for 7 months to keep my skills up)
    The newest version installed no problem onto the windows 7 laptop but when I started it I got the following message:

"Your REFLEX USB Interface is insufficient to work
    with this software version.

In order to exchange your interface, please contact http://www.reflex-sim.de."

I was not able to get to this web address and the very similar address of http://www.reflex-sim.de/ led me to a website that I could not translate

How do I contact someone to arrange exchanging the USB adapter?

Thank you

Rob O

• Hi.

I have just installed reflex v5031 from my XP to my Win7.

The program starts, but it cant find the dongle (old blue one).

Is there something i can do on the computer, to find the HID-interface/dongle?

• Hi again.

Proplem is fixed.

Found the USB-port that i connected the HID to, on the computer system, and got the computer to update the driver online! :thumbsup:

• Thank you.
    I was able to use google translate to translate that page into english. This is the important paragraph from what I found

"This update includes a new interface, a new cable for your transmitter and the new software version 5.05. Important: Eligible to apply this update all holders of the above are reflective ® XTR versions. To prove the old interface must be sent to our office address."

So I need to send them my current Red USB adapter and have it exchanged right?

The problem is, I cant find an email address to confirm this, or even a shipping address to send the adapter to.

can you help me by sending me an email address (PM me if you cant post it in the thread) so I can get in touch with whoever can help me to get the newer version of the adapter.

Thank you so much,

Rob 'Tunes' O

Edit: hang on, I just noticed the "support@simWerk.de" at the bottom of one of the web pages, I will try it and see if I can get an address to ship the adapter to

• Hi Rob,

you'll find the postal address by clicking at the Button "Unternehmen" or "Company" left of the "Home"-Button.

Ronald

PS: Kostenlos / 4free - Scenary " Fischen " - 4 Reflex XTR, AFPD, FMS, Heli-X and in work 4 Phoenix RC, search the Webdisk or visit my HP.

• Well it has been 5 days now and I haven't received anything from SimWerk. Not even an automated reply saying they got my email.

I was finally able to get my 5 year old original disk to run the reflex setup program using "XP compatibility" and as an administrator, so it is on my new laptop.(ver 5.00.6 XTR)
    I guess I will just have to forget about upgrading.

• Hi tunes,

Windows 7 - 64 bit -> you have to disable "Signed/Unsigned Drivers for 64bit." in the early Bootmenu "F8" before you can Install the HID-Interface.
    So you can update like others did.
    Klick me

Ronald