Double Trouble

• Hi, all,

Two problems, the first one being FMS. Isn't it about time that FMS finally got around to fixing the problem with Vista. It's impossible to run on my computer (and thousands of others who have NVidia Cards) Unless I turn the graphics down until it looks like a cheap and nasty program a couple of drunks threw together in an afternoon. They know it's a major problem but why no fix? Let's be honest, Nvidia is possibly the most used video card especially for gamers and yet they don't even make noises as if they are going to bring out a patch. It's not a Vista problem it's just NVidia. After buying all sorts of sim type gear I've ended up with 7 disks. They've even given up on those stupid mini disks which if you have a sideways mounted CDROM they drop down inside and it's a major job to get them out. Come on FMS fix the darned thing because I'm sure not using it whilst it looks like it came from Window's 3.

Second problem, I understand the reasoning behind it but I find those stupid red lines on Reflex When you stray into a public area with your plane, absolutely over the top. OK if you must have something. A single red bar from the heavens to the ground on either side of the out of bounds area is maybe OK. But massive great red stripes which make it almost impossible to fly through without losing coordination is a stupid idea. It has nothing to do with reality. No flight club in the world have them, the flyer looks where the public are and steers clear of them automatically. If your plane is high enough you can fly though the lines but if you're too low , Game over and reset. Is it possible to get rid of them somehow? I'm confined to bed for the rest of my life so there's no way I'll be visiting a club's field. I lie on my back and use a sim but still have to put up with bloody great red lines all over the place. There's no chance I will ever have to be reminded that it's out of bounds. No other sim has been stupid enough to use the system and given the opportunity I guarantee 95% of Reflex users would remove them if they had the chance. Has anyone made a patch for removing them at all? I sure hope so.

Whinges over, have a great time flying. I'll lie on bed either simming or flying my Hunter Heli around the bedroom. Cheers all, Stu :thumbdown:

• Hi Stu,

welcome on rc-sim.de!

1. FMS: Version 2.0 Alpha 8.5 (Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP) is the latest Version, IMO Roman & Michael Möller will not make it... And Nvidia? For get it. By ATI :D
    2. Reflex XTR² Version 5.05.4 has the Option to deactivate the "No-fly zone", buy the update or use the RSK (Reflex Scenery (K)Construction) to delete them.

Images

Beste Grüße, best regards,
    Ronald

PS: Kostenlos / 4free - Scenary " Fischen " - 4 Reflex XTR, AFPD, FMS, Heli-X and in work 4 Phoenix RC, search the Webdisk or visit my HP.

Edited 2 times, last by Ronski ().

• [..]They know it's a major problem but why no fix? [..]

I hate to spoil your perfectly good rant, but the developers of FMS don't usually read this forum. Nor did they continue to develop the software past 2005, when the last version was released. Windows Vista was still codenamed project Longhorn in those days. It doesn't make much sense to blame the developers for an incompatibility with an OS that didn't even exist back then. Unless you believe you have a "right" to receive continuous updates to free software, which you do not.

Regards,
    Frank

• Well thank you Ronski for your informative answer. I'll certainly give those red lines a go. As for the other clown If I wish to have "ä Rant"I will do so and without your permission. I simply asked two rather simple questions and you turn up with your lousy attitude, obviously well honed from years of experience and continue to tell lies. I personally don't care when the two gentlemen gave up on FMS but I know I have the latest version. It even comes bundled with brand new aircraft so a lot of work is still going on somewhere. Perhaps you should inform these silly people who make scenery and aircraft for a program 5 years dead. They don't seem to care so why should I. Kindly take your weight and throw it around elsewhere. I wonder why there's one on every forum. Knows it all and seems to believe it's their job to belittle people and prove they're right. So please go away and allow people to have a decent conversation without being interupted by your obnoxious behaviour.

Now back to sensible people, Ronski I don't quite understand your reference to ATI. It seems the popular reason for the problem is the Nvidia graphics card but I can't see the tie in with ATI. The card I have is one of the top Nvidia cards but unfortunately I can't change it but by now you'd think someone would have made a patch for a program which is so popular. I did find a fix some time ago but it's got lost or at least the link to it has. I think the site may have closed down. I've searched for hours but can't find it. It explains something about the skybox being an abnormal size and using photographic scenery. I'll find it again one day, I Hope. So thanks again for your help. Kind regards Stu

• I simply asked two rather simple questions and you turn up with your lousy attitude, obviously well honed from years of experience and continue to tell lies.

Well - it's not what you say, but how you say it. I'd suggest you to think about that carefully before calling another person a clown.

It's impossible to run on my computer (and thousands of others who have NVidia Cards) Unless I turn the graphics down until it looks like a cheap and nasty program a couple of drunks threw together in an afternoon. They know it's a major problem but why no fix? Let's be honest, Nvidia is possibly the most used video card especially for gamers and yet they don't even make noises as if they are going to bring out a patch. It's not a Vista problem it's just NVidia. After buying all sorts of sim type gear I've ended up with 7 disks. They've even given up on those stupid mini disks which if you have a sideways mounted CDROM they drop down inside and it's a major job to get them out. Come on FMS fix the darned thing because I'm sure not using it whilst it looks like it came from Window's 3.

If you don't mind asking a question in such a self-confident (not to say: arrogant) tone, you should also be able to bear a corresponding answer. You just got what you sowed. Be a man and accept it. ;)

Perhaps you should inform these silly people who make scenery and aircraft for a program 5 years dead. They don't seem to care so why should I.

This is kind of an arrogant attitude. The fact that FMS is still being used, doesn't necessarily require that the program is being developed further. It's freeware and only that is why it comes with some other products.

But well - you have Reflex!? So I think FMS shouldn't be a topic worth to argue about ;)

Regards,
    Friedy

LiPo-Akkus und Drehzahlsteller gehören zum alten Eisen:
    "ES LEBE DIE DREHSTROM-ZELLE"

• As for the other clown If I wish to have "ä Rant"I will do so and without your permission.

Careful there, dude. If you continue to behave like that, your permission can be quickly revoked around here.

. I simply asked two rather simple questions

Nope, you've been whining that you couldn't get your free grapes peeled. I just pointed out to you why such a request must fall upon deaf ears.

. and you turn up with your lousy attitude, obviously well honed from years of experience and continue to tell lies.

I invite you to show one single other post where I did display an attitude or told an untruth - just one will suffice. Until that time, may I kindly ask you to quit telling lies yourself.

I personally don't care when the two gentlemen gave up on FMS but I know I have the latest version.

Combine the release date of this version with the date Vista hit the market and you'll understand why FMS couldn't possibly have been made for Vista. You do understand the concept of chronology, right?

Perhaps you should inform these silly people who make scenery and aircraft for a program 5 years dead.

That would be me, among others. Perhaps you should inform yourself before your rant gets completely off target.

I wonder why there's one on every forum.

If you feel you're being treated unfairly on every forum you visit, I suggest you consider the idea your own behaviour plays a role. :whistling:

Knows it all and seems to believe it's their job to belittle people..

So that's the attitude you don't like? Now let's listen to bit of your own:

it looks like a cheap and nasty program a couple of drunks threw together in an afternoon.

Get my drift about checking your own tone first? ;)

Regards,
    Frank