New computer with windows 7, installation problem

• Wich Reflex XTR Version did you install?

Beste Grüße, best regards,
    Ronald

PS: Kostenlos / 4free - Scenary " Fischen " - 4 Reflex XTR, AFPD, FMS, Heli-X and in work 4 Phoenix RC, search the Webdisk or visit my HP.

• The Reflex XTR Versions are:

• Reflex XTR - 5.00.00 up to 5.03.1 (Big Blue USB Dongle)
    • Reflex XTR - 5.04.1(1st red Slimstick USB Dongle / iVOL)
    • Reflex XTR2 - 5.05.0 up to 5.06.3 (latest)

Ronald

PS: Kostenlos / 4free - Scenary " Fischen " - 4 Reflex XTR, AFPD, FMS, Heli-X and in work 4 Phoenix RC, search the Webdisk or visit my HP.

• I am having same problem running windows 7 64bit,
    I have downloaded and install Reflex 5.03.1 and Reflex still does not recognize my dongle (blue),
    I have tried on a Laptop with the same problem,
    Does anyone have any other ideas ?

• Reflex 5.03.1 installer issue on Win 7 (32/64 bit): Normally the "REFLEX.exe" is missing. Am I right?

Ronald

• Yes the .exe is missing, but I installed 5.03.1 on XP in a virtual machine, and copied the exe from there

Reflex actually recognizes my dongle but I get the message Switch on your Transmitter,
    If I start Reflex with out the dongle Reflex will tell me it can't find the dongle, then if I plug the dongle it it will tell me please switch on your transmitter,
    I have a JR PCM9XII I plug the cable into the trainer hole and the modulation is set to PPM but I continually get the message that I need to turn on my transmitter,
    I have tried the transmitters power switch in both the one and off position.

I will tonight test the install on an XP PC and see if the sim actually works. Maybe I have a fault with the dongle.

• On 64 bit Windows, you have to disable the protection for drivers without the Microsoft driver certification, before installing the usb-dongle-driver.
    Press "F8" after BIOS is switching to Windows, in this early boot screen choose the boot-option like "disable protection for drivers without signature" or so.

Ronald

• Ok I installed 5.03.1 in server 2003 and it works 100% I have copied those install files to my windows 7 pc and it is still not working, any help would be appreciated

• yip, that was the first thing I did, I did disable driver signing, I have also tested the install on a windows 7 32bit and have the same problem.

• No idea at the moment.
    Pleas phone or mail with the support "simwerk.de", datas you'll find at the impressum.

Ronald

• Will do, I have already but I have not had a response for 3 days, if this carries on, I will throw Reflex away and go for Phoenix v4, the crazy part is that Phoenix is cheaper that my Reflex upgrade.
    Thanks for the help all the same

• Its been a long time since being here...

Ive just had much the same problems after re-doing my windows7 onto a new computer.. the dongle gets picked up automatically as a HID device

but I had to run the reflex as an administrator .... that's a right click on the icon and then select the option...

running widows7 ultimate 64bit...